The Public Service Academy (PSA) offers Harvard undergraduates the opportunity to enhance their leadership and management skills through a series of trainings and workshops. It is all about helping people and programs grow. Each fun and interactive training session provides tools that are useful to individuals, at the same time that they help leaders and volunteers provide higher quality programming.
Trainings and resources are available to all student affiliates of the Phillips Brooks House Association (PBHA) and the Harvard Public Service Network (PSN), as well as all other Harvard undergraduates, community partners, etc. Additional resources are available for leaders who want help creating quality, program-specific workshops.
Fall 2015 Trainings
Click training title below to access registration form.
- Advocacy and Organizing (skills for current and future leaders) - Offered only in the fall semester
- Mentor Certificate (mandatory for all new PBHA mentors, recommended for PSN mentors)
- Organizing 101 (an introduction to advocacy and organizing work) - This training is currently not being offered this semester.
- Program Management Certificate (skills for current and future leaders; mandatory for all new PBHA program directors)
- Special Needs Training (strongly strongly recommended for all PBHA and PSN volunteers who work with the youth with special needs)
- Teaching Institute (strongly recommended for all PBHA, PSN, and any curriculum based programs' new volunteers)
- Train the Trainer (presentation and training design skills)
- Tutor Certificate (mandatory for all new PBHA tutors, recommended for PSN tutors)
- Working with the Elderly (strongly recommended for all PBHA and PSN volunteers who work with the elderly) - This training is currently not being offered. If you would like to see it happen, please contact Sydney Jenkins.
Be sure to check back regularly for new trainings and dates.