- Particpating students will commit three weeks over January term to public service
- Students will apply their ideas and energy to a meaningful service project while receiving ongoing support from Harvard's faculty and public service staff
- Our staff will orient you to the wide-range of public service resources available to you during your time at Harvard
- Selected participants are required to submit a 500 word reflection paper and attend a post program campus event in late January 2022.
- Winter service should be community-based and solution-focused
- Identify a community organization or public office to work with
- Define a project or role that has high impact and clear outcomes
- Partner with a community leader to guide the internship
- Commit to working with service site for three weeks (January 3-21)
- Participate in an online community with other Harvard College Winternship participants beginning January 3rd
- Read and reflect on what your purpose is and celebrate your service community
- Use this experience to continue your exploration of the public interest sector
Note that students who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 must petition to do an in-person project. We highly recommend that students who are not fully vaccinated apply for a remote project.
|2022 Fong Family Winternship Student Application Guide||726 KB|