Rooms in the Phillips Brooks House Center for Public Service and Engaged Scholarship may be reserved by affiliated offices and organizations, such as the Center for Public Interest Careers (CPIC), student organizations within the Phillips Brooks House Association (PBHA) and the Harvard Public Service Network (PSN), and the Harvard Graduate Christian Fellowship.
- Before reserving a room we request that you review the PBH Building Use Policy.
- Student organization leadership must be updated in theHub before student leaders will be able to access PBH rooms through RoomBook.
- If your group is updated in theHub and you are still having difficulty booking rooms, please contact department administrator with the details of your request.
- Offices or groups that are affiliated with PBH (HC, OSL, etc.), but do not have access to PBH in RoomBook, please contact the Department Administrator, Darrick Norhtington (email@example.com). with the following information:
Number of Participants:
Monday thru Friday (8:00 am - 9:30 pm); Saturday (10:00 am - 6:00 pm); Sunday (11:00 am - 7:00 pm)
Available Rooms Are As Follows:
|Parlor Room||1st Floor||75||Projector & Speakers, Sofas, 40 chairs (wheelchair accessible)|
|Leighton Room||2nd Floor||25||Conference Table, 30 chairs|
|Shepard Room||2nd Floor||20||Sofas, Chairs, Coffee Tables, Library|
|Bettens Room||3rd Floor||15-20||Whiteboard, movable tables, 15 chairs|
Other Equipment Available for Checkout*:
- Folding Tables (4)
- Cart (1)
- Projector (1)
- Projector Screens (2)
- Extension Cords (2)
- Tripods (3)
- Speakers, bluetooth (2)
*Equipment must stay within the Phillips Brooks House
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
If you need to change or cancel your reservation, please log into FAS RoomBook and go to Reservations--> View My Requests at your earliest convenience.
Please ensure that all food and other containers is removed and placed in the proper compost, recycling, or trash receptacles. For large, catered events custodial fees may apply. Please make sure to book enough time to clean up after your event.
The room should be returned to its original form or tidier by the end of the reservation. The person who makes the booking is considered the responsible representative of the group.
- Furniture that is moved must be replaced to its original location.
- Furniture may not be removed from rooms without prior permission.
- DO NOT MOVE THE PIANO.
- Do not hang decorations from any of the lights/chandeliers.
- Absolutely no tape is allowed on any wood surfaces (including floors)
- Large sticky notepads may be stuck to walls/wood, however they must be removed immediately following room use
- All decorations and food must be cleaned up after room use.
- Coordinators of large events are required to complete a cleanup checklist with building staff before reservation is complete.
PBH is participating in the Green Office program and encourages all groups who use space in the building to cut down on waste. We encourage groups to use compostable cutlery, plates, and cups, and turn off lights and AC units when not in use. If your group would like assistance acquiring these compostable items (plates, cutlery and cups) please fill out this form and PBHA’s Environmental Action Committee will help facilitate the pickup of these materials in PBH.
- Monday thru Friday (8:00am - 9:30pm);
- Saturday (10:00am - 6:00pm);
- Sunday (11:00am - 7:00pm), excluding holidays.
The building closes promptly at the hours listed above and those without swipe access will not be able to access the building after those times. Do not plan to have access to your room prior to or after your reserved time. Likewise, do not request to extend your reservation when building staff arrives to lock the room.
For questions on access to the space or related concerns, please contact the Department Administrator, Darrick Northington at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 496-4171. You may reach the front desk at (617) 495-5526.