The mission of Harvard College is to educate the citizens and citizen-leaders for our society. We are launching the Service Starts with Summer program for the Class of 2023, a call to action focusing on creating community awareness of public service pathways at Harvard College and beyond.
The Summer Starts with Service program encourages incoming first-year students to commit their summer to public service in their hometowns. These students will apply their ideas and energy to a meaningful service project while receiving ongoing support from Harvard's faculty and public service staff. Our faculty and staff will orient you to the wide range of public service resources available to you during your time at Harvard.
- Contribute to your hometown community
- Learn to solve a social problem
- Deepen your commitment to developing a public purpose for your life
- Join the Harvard community of civic minded students, faculty, and staff
- Begin to make professional connections
- Earn a $1,500 stipend (and an additional $1,600 towards your summer earnings contribution, if applicable)