Students approved by the Student Employment office for Summer Work-Study can propose a summer fellowship at a non-profit organization and be paid through federal work study.
Applications for Summer Work-Study Program Funding are due on April 17, 2022. Applications submitted after April 17th will be considered on a rolling basis until funding is no longer available.
All application information should by submitted via CARAT. To apply, applicants must submit:
- 1-page resume noting your skills, previous employment, extracurricular activities, and volunteer experiences.
- A 750-word statement outlining the fellowship project. Your narrative should focus on your interest in public service, the scope of your summer project, and why the project is meaningful to you. Please also indicate how your initiative would benefit the community.
- Copy of your unofficial student record (found at my.harvard.edu)
- A letter of support from the organization identified in your project description, which confirms and supports your work with the organization.
- Submit 2022-2023 Financial Aid Package to the Harvard Financial Aid Office. This must be done by May 1st to expedite the hiring process. The instructions to submit can be found here: https://college.harvard.edu/financial-aid/apply-financial-aid/current-st....
- Fill out your your FAFSA and Harvard Financial Aid Application for 2022-2023 as soon as possible, but no later than May 15, 2022. Instructions can be found here: https://college.harvard.edu/financial-aid/apply-financial-aid/current-st....
The Student Employment Office will notify you of your eligibility as soon as possible but not before May 15, 2022, provided that your financial aid application was submitted by May 1, 2022. If you are eligible and your proposal has been accepted, we will contact you about following the next steps. We will submit a referral card for you to the Student Employment Office and then ask you to fill out employment paperwork with Harvard University Central Payroll.
For help writing a cover letter or resume, check out the Office of Career Services (OCS). OCS offers an online library of resume and cover letter templates: https://ocs.fas.harvard.edu/guide-template-library