Are you a leader in public service? Do you want to make public service an integral part of Harvard residential life? If so, apply to be a House Public Service Representative or Service to Society First-Year Council Member.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attending one meeting each month during the 2019-2020 academic year;
- Collaborating with their respective Public Service Tutors & Proctors and other public service representatives;
- Planning and hosting at least one public service event in their respective residences each month (refer to minimum expectations list of events/activities);
- Acting as a public service email liaison for volunteer opportunities and other relevant public service events and information to their respective Houses; and
- Publicizing campus-wide ‘Service to Society’ projects in their respective houses.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to communicate effectively
- Interested in public service and/or public interest careers
- Capable of reaching out to and working with a diverse body of people including other students, Public Service Tutors, and Harvard staff
- Willing to learn about primary public service offices/organizations’ structure and programming
- Able to maintain open communication channels with public service staff
- Responsive to emails
- Self-directed, outgoing and creative
- Available to field questions from students and address them in a timely manner
- Able to conduct other responsibilities as they arise
House Public Service Representatives and Service to Society First-Year Council Members will receive funding each semester to sponsor public service-related events. Public Service Representatives and Service to Society First-Year Council Members will receive $300 stipends each semester for meeting expectations.
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Pedro De Abreu, Service to Society Fellow, at email@example.com.
Applications are due Tuesday, October 1st, 2019, at 11:59pm.