Harvard's Global Day of Service welcomes the Class of 2025 to a vibrant culture that promotes civic engagement across the greater Harvard community!
Our Global Day of Service is scheduled for Monday, August 30th from 9am to 6pm Eastern time. All class years (including alums) are welcome to sign up as volunteers! Please note that most projects will be organized to operate remotely through Zoom due to pandemic restrictions. Some on-site projects will be organized in the Greater Boston area for current students.
Our 2021 campus and community partners include: American Red Cross, American Repertory Theater, Arnold Arboretum, Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, Breaktime, Cambridge Local First, Caribbean Education Project, Center for Economic Democracy, Change the Tune, City of Boston, Code for America / Transform 911, CovEd, Darsel, Debate Spaces, East London Connect, Electronic Frontier Foundation, Erevna, Faces Up Uganda, FamilyAid Boston, Gardner Pilot Academy, GenUnity, Groundwork Somerville, Harvard CIVICS, Harvard College Children’s Stories, Harvard Office for the Arts, Harvard Square Business Association, Harvard UNICEF, Harvard Votes Challenge, The Jed Foundation, LabXchange Eco-Justice Program, Latino Support Network, LedBy, Lumiere Health, Mass Mentoring Partnership, Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation, NAACP Legal Defense Fund, New Voters, Novustack (Innovate for Africa), Opportunity Youth United, Phillips Brooks House Association (PBHA), Radcliffe Schlesinger Library, Refresh Bolivia, StoryWish, Sustainable Business Network, Tree-Plenish, U.S. Department of PEACE, VHL Alliance, Victory Programs, and Wave Learning Festival! Click here to download a full list of projects.
Here's the schedule for Monday, August 30th (Eastern time):
- 9am Kickoff @ Science Center Plaza
- 10am to 2:30pm – work on service teams for 2-3 hours (this time block factors in lunch and transit)
- 3:00pm to 3:50pm – Zoom Chat with Alums in Public Service (registration is full for this session)
- 3:00pm to 3:50pm - Voter Engagement with Harvard Votes Challenge (open to all volunteers)
- 4:00pm to 6:00pm – Community Conversations (in-person for first-year students)
- 6pm to 7:30pm – Dinner / Portraits of Service in Harvard Yard (in-person for current students)